Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day

Today is Father's Day. I have to admit something. I haven't always liked my daddy. When they first came to visit me at the shelter, I plopped myself in his lap, but once they got me home I didn't really like him. Since I'm a little old (by puppy dog standards), Mom and Dad say I had a life before them and that they think I was not treated well by a man and that makes them sad since I'm so cute.

But, I kinda like that Daddy-guy. Mommy's still my favorite, but I let Dad pet me and give me belly rubs. I let him put on my collar and harness when get ready to go on a W-A-L-K (I used to jump away when he'd try to put the harness on). I really like when he sneaks me food when he thinks Mommy isn't looking. All-in-all, I'm really glad my mommy AND daddy found me. I'm glad Daddy had the patience to put up with me those first few months (and patience isn't really his THING either).

We had a pretty great Father's Day. It started off stormy and since I don't like thunder and Mom and Dad weren't ready to get out of bed, they actually let me up in the big bed! I NEVER get to go there. We snuggled and I liked it. When the rain finally let up, we went for a W-A-L-K and I liked that, too. I had to spend some time in my crate so I wouldn't get any funny ideas when Mommy went to work this week; I didn't like that, but I was good and got to go on another W-A-L-K a little while after and liked that. I didn't do a whole lot special for Dad, but my mommy helped me make a card for him. I'll try to remind her to take a picture of it this week to show you.

Until then, here's a picture of me and my daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment