Saturday, June 29, 2013

Staying Safe

Hey Pals,

Sorry I've been missing so much lately. Mommy's new job takes a lot more time than I realized and so when she's home, I'm snuggling instead of blogging. She hopes once summer is over, things will calm down, but I'm pretty sure she's lying.

Anyway, I wanted to make sure I do due (tee hee) diligence about the worst thing ever. The most terriblest holiday is coming up in less than a week. That holiday is the 4th of July, or Independence Day in these parts. The humans celebrate by shooting off ridiculous firework boomie things that sound like thunder and look like colorful lightning, but they're really just doggie torture devices. More pets are lost on the 4th of July than any other day.

Last year was totally awful since neighbors were shooting off their firework boomies for weeks before and after the holiday. This year, my city has banned firework boomies completely. Yay!!! But Mom's still expecting neighbors to be celebrating. Boo. At least terrifying children won't be ringing the doorbell all night.

Anyway, PetFinder put together a great infographic on keeping us pets safe for the firework boomies.


Since I'm afraid of the firework boomies, my people usually stay home instead of fighting crowds at the different displays. Since they're home, they do a few other things like putting my Thundershirt on me. That helps a LOT. Your people may also try Rescue Remedy, a natural solution for all kinds of stressful things. Mom doesn't think that helps quite as much as the Thundershirt (at least it didn't do much for my separation anxiety), but lots of other people and their pets have had success. They have a pets version, but my trainer said the human version is just fine also.

So stay safe pals, and remember to use the puppy eyes to guilt your people into snuggling you all night!

Pee S. I didn't receive any compensation from Thundershirt or Rescue Remedy. I just thought those things might help.

2 comments:

  1. Have a serene Sunday and stay cool and good luck for next week.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete