Sunday, November 25, 2012

Best Thanksgiving Ever

Hi friends! Wowee, has this been a crazy fun weekend.

Everyone waiting for dinner

I think I've said this before, but Thanksgiving is my absolute FAVORITEST holiday. It's an entire holiday that revolves around eating food and, unlike Halloween, it's all food I'm allowed to have bites of!

I helped in the kitchen

Our fun all started when my people both got to come home a little early from their work places Wednesday. We went on a W-A-L-K and as we turned the final corner, guess what I saw? MY GRANDMA, GRANDPA, and GREAT-GRANDMA!!!!! They had just pulled into the driveway and were unloading all of their Thanksgiving goodies. Grandma had baked me my very own treats. She's the best.

Thursday was the main event. Mom spent a lot of time in the kitchen and my other grandparents and great-grandparents came. Other Grandma brought me treats, too! Everyone had a great time talking and feeding me. Uncle Ryan came and brought The Thing, but he actually wasn't too bad. He ran in circles and barely stopped long enough to get treats. Since I was so calm and sat so nicely, Grandma gave me extra. Everyone ate and just enjoyed each other. The Thing kept running and stole some of my toys (I don't really play with them, so it was OK), but I got him back and stole his bone. I even took it to my crate and buried it in my super secret spot. Smarty-pants Mom found it though and gave it back. She's so sneaky!
                                                
My (no longer) super secret hiding spot

The Thing's mommy came by and I let her give me a couple of side scratches. Finally, people started heading home and I was so stuffed, I didn't need dinner.

The Thing and his mommy

The Thing and me

Grandma giving me and The Thing treats. I'll do anything for a treat, even stand near The Thing.

Mom, me, Dad, Uncle Ryan, and The Thing playing in the yard

Friday morning, I was still stuffed and didn't want breakfast. Dad had to work (just a few hours, not Black Friday craziness) and Mom and the grandparents went shopping. They didn't go to the mall or any big store, but to a couple of local places. They even met a horse-dog at one. Mom said she could have ridden her, but that I'd probably be the boss. Cool. Naps and leftovers finished out the day.

My whole family: Julie (The Thing's Mom/Uncle Ryan's girlfriend), Uncle Ryan, The Thing, Grandpa, Mawmaw, Grandma, Pawpaw, Mom, me, Grandma, Great-Grandma, Dad, and Grandpa!

The grandparents left Saturday, but Grandma left the treats. She promised more when I come to visit them for Christmas, though! We've spent the rest of the weekend decorating for Christmas and napping. I really enjoyed having them home and don't want them to back to work places Monday!

Anyway, exciting things are in store this week. First, I'll be reminding everyone of the Dos and Don'ts for Christmas. Plus, I'll be hosting my very first give-away! I'm so excited. Be sure to come back and check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun time and Christmas will be here soon. Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great time it looks like you had!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete